Thursday, July 26, 2012

Twinges of homesickness


This morning I was awakened by a police officer cruising down the street on the loud speaker saying “Please move ya caaaah.  If you don’t move ya caaaah, you will be towed.  We aahh about to staaht street cleaning.”  Whoa… I’m not in Chicago anymore!!!  In Chicago, you would have awakened to find your car gone. Like POOF! Gone.  Good luck finding and getting to the tow lot and even bigger luck getting it back without coughing up some serious cash. So, even while I was awakened out of a sound sleep, I wasn’t even upset.  I consider that wake up call to be a true public service announcement!

The other night I had a visit from my BFF who drove up to take this poor college student out to dinner.  It was so nice to see a familiar face!  I haven’t been gone very long, but my brain has been on overdrive learning new faces and names.  I missed the comfort of seeing a familiar face and I hadn’t realized it.  I enjoyed her visit, but I was definitely homesick by the time she left.

The homesickness has passed, but I’m sure that this will not be last time that it will make my acquaintance in the next year!  I just have to hunker down and keep my eyes on the prize. It’s one of the sacrifices that I chose to make when I accepted admission into the program.

I invite you to do your part to keep the homesickness at bay: SEND CARE PACKAGES! (Especially chocolate...I'm partial to chocolate!)

signed,
Chicago Girl At Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment